Christine
Cognac XO
Cognac XO

Dudognon - Paulin

Bericht door Christine »

Kwam deze tegen:
1170923x.jpg
Dudognon 60 Year Old "Paulin" Grand Champagne Cognac
One of the best meals I've ever had in my life was at the house of Gerald and Claudine at Dudognon, sitting in front of their alembic still, a fire crackling in the corner, and plenty of good wine on the table. After eating a multi-course melee of French cuisine, they brought out their most special elixir for dessert -- the 60 year old "Paulin" Cognac. What makes Dudognon such a special producer is the fact that they're the only Cognac distiller that I can say with 100% certainty does not add caramel coloring or boise to their brandy. To see the dark amber color of the Paulin and know that all of the rich vanilla and toffee was the product of pure French Limousin oak was simply awe-inspiring. The flavors themselves were supple, pristine, undaunted by sweetness, and masterfully precise. Fresh apricot with hints of apple, caramel with spice cake, and even a fresh zippy note of acidity on the finish. I think the "Paulin" is the best Cognac I've ever had, but I may have been carried away by the moment and my own romanticism about the pureness of the spirit. In any case, to get six decades of anything for less than $1000 is unheard of in this day and age. The fact that you can get something this good, of this quality, from this Grand Champagne provenance, is quite comforting. - David Driscoll, K&L Spirits Buyer
Ook verkrijgbaar bij: http://www.premiersgrandscrus.com/fr/co ... pagne.html
Ton
Beheerder
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Re: Dudognon - Paulin

Bericht door Ton »

Wel ontzettend duur voor 60 jaar oude cognac: €800.
En natuurlijk zijn er veel meer cognacmakers die geen suiker, caramel of boisé toevoegen, maar ja, wat weten die heren in de USA daar van hè... 8-)
Christine
Cognac XO
Cognac XO

Bericht door Christine »

Ton schreef:Wel ontzettend duur voor 60 jaar oude cognac: €800.
En natuurlijk zijn er veel meer cognacmakers die geen suiker, caramel of boisé toevoegen, maar ja, wat weten die heren in de USA daar van hè... 8-)
Inderdaad, what's in a word... US 799$, PGC is 585,00 en zal waarschijnlijk elders nog wel goedkoper/duurder zijn.
Enerzijds, denk dat leeftijd voor sommige Cognac producenten een zeer rekbaar begrip is. Anderzijds zit hij wel in lijn met een Voyer Ancestrale van dezelfde leeftijd. Bij veel blends schrijven ze tot 80 jaar oud, maar hoeveel cognac van 80 jaar oud zit daar in? Niemand weet dat. Leeftijd en samenstelling van een cognac is dikwijls een raadsel.
Ton
Beheerder
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Bericht door Ton »

Ja, vergissing inderdaad: €585, geen €800. Maar naar mijn idee zou €300 voor zo'n cognac al heel goed betaald zijn.
En dan is er ook nog niet eens enige vorm van controle op die leeftijd...
Maar misschien loop ik inmiddels een beetje achter de (markt)feiten aan :(
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Dudognon”