Het grote Whisky Topic!

Alles buiten Cognac, dat het leven aangenaam maakt. Zoals Pineau des Charentes, sigaren, wijn,Whisky, koffie, horloges, auto's etc...
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Re: Het grote Whisky Topic!

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Gordon MacPhail Glenlivet 21 year old

Fruity. Rich oak and spice.

Seems like it’s been a long time since they did this, so this bottle contains some pretty old (and most importantly), carefully ‘crafted’ spirits. Quality seemed lost to many of today’s producers.
Bijlagen
Gordon MacPhail Glenlivet 21
Gordon MacPhail Glenlivet 21
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

JohanB schreef: di 07 apr 2020, 00:49 My very first single malst was an Auchentoshan, believe it or not. Not the best choice to start drinking whisky, but it turned into a hobby for more than 20 years.
I started with Glen Garioch, and then into all kinds of whiskies. This is right around the time when scotch whisky is really taking off. I got in to it early, so I managed to put a few bottles aside. Pretty soon I felt myself getting a little too attached to it. Cognac was my savior. It is a completely different indulgence. You sip and taste, and most importantly, I don’t feel hooked :lol:
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

What I find, specifically about Gordon & Macphail, is that they recently changed their labels and the shape of their bottles ... as well as the prices of their whiskies. December last year I went to a liquor store not far from where I live. They do wine, champagne, whisky and a bit of armagnac. They only import and sell G&M as an independant bottler. I was there to look for a cheap bottle of whisky for a friends anniversary. I really struggled to find a bottle for around 50 €, ANY bottle that is. And I'm not talking about a G&M bottle. They reached easily 80 to 100 € and a lot more for a young whisky. Young meaning 6 to 12 yo. Just crazy.
"Le grand-père plante la vigne, son fils fait le vin. Son petit-fils saura pourquoi."
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

JohanB schreef: di 07 apr 2020, 11:05 What I find, specifically about Gordon & Macphail, is that they recently changed their labels and the shape of their bottles ... as well as the prices of their whiskies. December last year I went to a liquor store not far from where I live. They do wine, champagne, whisky and a bit of armagnac. They only import and sell G&M as an independant bottler. I was there to look for a cheap bottle of whisky for a friends anniversary. I really struggled to find a bottle for around 50 €, ANY bottle that is. And I'm not talking about a G&M bottle. They reached easily 80 to 100 € and a lot more for a young whisky. Young meaning 6 to 12 yo. Just crazy.

Wow. That’s a lot for an off label whiskey. We can get the new Macallan 12 year olds for around $60 in some places.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Two great whisky back to back. The Dewar’s 18 is surprisingly good for the price.
Bijlagen
AA76D2A8-B5F3-4A0E-8D96-2FDE63CB8C07.jpeg
5C06592F-89A9-4767-8232-4AEF57E4D2EC.jpeg
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Bruichladdich 12 year old 2nd Edition. 46% abv. Tolerable amount of peat.

Trying to thin out my collection of whisky and other liquors. Boy am I surprise how much this bottle is going for today.
Bijlagen
Bruichladdich 12 year old second edition
Bruichladdich 12 year old second edition
JohanB
Cognac Ancestrale
Cognac Ancestrale

Bericht door JohanB »

Prices are amazing these days. There were some Bruicladdich bottles 'Yellow Submarine' for sale a few years ago for really stupid prices. Unbelievable. I never really was a fan of Bruichladdich though. Not enough peat for me. Now just a tad of peat is already too much.
"Le grand-père plante la vigne, son fils fait le vin. Son petit-fils saura pourquoi."
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

JohanB schreef: za 08 aug 2020, 11:05 Prices are amazing these days. There were some Bruicladdich bottles 'Yellow Submarine' for sale a few years ago for really stupid prices. Unbelievable. I never really was a fan of Bruichladdich though. Not enough peat for me. Now just a tad of peat is already too much.
It’s incredible. I searched online, and one place is selling for 4x what I paid for that bottle. As for the peat, I normally like them low or none. From time to time I would try a different style dram, and some of them are overdone; however, for me, this 12 year old second edition had it just right being a peaty whisky.
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Glengoyne 17 year old. 43% abv.

The rate at which this bottle had gone up in cost is simply breathtaking.

I get dark chocolate. Oak. Butterscotch.

Balanced, and nice medium finish.
Bijlagen
Glengoyne 17 year old
Glengoyne 17 year old
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Wild Turkey Single Barrel 50.5% abv

75% Corn, 13% Rye, 12% Malted Barley

This was bottled in 2008. Aged 9 years. It’s one of the earlier Bourbon that I got. I bought it for the pretty decanter. The whiskey is excellent. I am sure I would buy more bottles of this if I were still a whiskey-drinking person.
Bijlagen
9688C6DE-E962-4FC9-9B6E-58687E698AF7.jpeg
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Overige heerlijkheden!”