Xifeng or ‘Phoenix West’ - The Original Baijiu

Alles buiten Cognac, dat het leven aangenaam maakt. Zoals Pineau des Charentes, sigaren, wijn,Whisky, koffie, horloges, auto's etc...
Ton
Beheerder
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Re: Xifeng or ‘Phoenix West’ - The Original Baijiu

Bericht door Ton »

Fuzhou schreef: zo 18 jul 2021, 06:30 I really like your instruction about putting glass marbles in the bottle to displace air. I think it’s the best solution, but I can’t find any food grade marbles. The source of the glass is never clear. I’d like to know what I am soaking the good cognac in. Someone can make good money by providing a guarantee clean source on these marbles.
That idea actually came from Stephane Burnez, the owner of Prunier.
I’ve also heard that the top cellar masters also like to taste cognac at around 10-11am for the optimal state of their palates.
When we visit some small producers in Charente and taste our first cognac around 10-11.00, that is indeed fantastic. :D
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Phoenix West 12 year old. This might not seem like much in the brandy sphere, but in the baijiu world, it’s a really big deal. A 15 year Moutai sells for over $2,000usd. https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/kwei ... 1/usa-ca-y

This spirit is distilled from 83% sorghum, 7.6% barley, 6.8% wheat, and 2.6% pea.

52% abv., but when it’s done right, it’s smooth, no alcohol burns, no hangover. A little sweet. More than I’d expect from this type of spirit, or from their lower grade variety (see initial post).

Nice elegant presentation. Goes well with steak, Foie gras, and other rich meals.
Bijlagen
E2D7CFFC-4AB4-460A-8F0D-D87A4691FCDC.jpeg
5245FFE7-72A5-40D1-AC3C-F729F4A9737A.jpeg
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Phoenix West 20 years

52% abv

Less sweet this time. Same abv as the 12 year old.

Much richer. Unbelievable value.
Bijlagen
Phoenix West 20 year old
Phoenix West 20 year old
Phoenix West 20 year old
Phoenix West 20 year old
Phoenix West 20 year old
Phoenix West 20 year old
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

Luzhou Cellar

Baijiu 52% abv. Made from sorghum and wheat.

Comes in a purple sand pottery.

Nose:
Don’t try it. You will lose your sense of smell :lol:

Taste:
Tastes is a whole different story. Complex. Smooth for a 52%. Honey comes to the fore. Not sure how they can get that honey taste to rise above all that alcohol.

This is actually a fantastic substitute to their neighbor, ‘Wuliangye’, which comes in at three times the cost.

I am definitely going to stock up on this one.
Bijlagen
IMG_0131.jpeg
IMG_0133.jpeg
IMG_0136.jpeg
EelcoA
volledige moderator
volledige moderator

Bericht door EelcoA »

Really like the 'pottery' style bottle Fuzhou, never seen it like that!!!
Fuzhou
Cognac Hors d'Age
Cognac Hors d'Age

Bericht door Fuzhou »

EelcoA schreef: vr 19 jan 2024, 14:21 Really like the 'pottery' style bottle Fuzhou, never seen it like that!!!
This pottery was all the rage a few years ago. There were even speculations on them with tea pots and flower pot. Prices went really high into luxury territory. And then the craze subsided. Now we get it for the off shelf liquor. Keeps a good seal. I love it.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Overige heerlijkheden!”